By design, I earn my money from long-term client growth & success.
I don’t charge commissions or bill by the hour. My compensation is tied to your business growth. You win big, then I win big.
That’s why the largest companies I’ve worked for have been companies that my advertising has been able to double and even quadruple in size.
So I choose my clients very carefully. Ensuring we’re a fit for each other from the beginning sets us both up for success.
3 Must-Haves For Prospective Clients
- You are a business owner who has unconditional authority to say, “YES.” I only work with owners, never managers, committees, CMOs, or other agencies.
- You are ready to shake up your industry, get people talking, and “Think Different” about your marketing — which means you’re willing to shrug off complaints about your marketing. If you’re really forcing people to sit up and take notice, you’re guaranteed to get complaints. Some business owners can handle it, and some can’t.
- You understand the law of seed-time and harvest. While I’m well known for being able to jump-start success, real compound growth is something that happens year after year, from investments in sound marketing. It’s not something that happens overnight or next month. I don’t do project work or short-term “trials.” If you can’t make a year commitment, I’m not for you (and vice versa).
Are we a fit?
If you’ve made it this far, we should talk.
Contact me to set up a complimentary alignment meeting. Expect a no cost, no obligation, no pressure phone call that’s basically a chance for me to hear your story, ask a few questions, and see if we’re a fit. If so, we’ll move forward.
What to Expect
I insist on spending two full days with each new client at their place of business doing a full “Uncovery.”
This allows me to get a first-hand experience of:
- Your town,
- Your competitive environment, and
- Everything that makes your business interesting and unique
Few marketers are willing to invest this time and effort into a new client before coming up with strategy and crafting messaging, but, frankly, those other marketers are fools. This IS the necessary foundational work that separates advertising that works magic from advertising that’s only “trick” is to make your ad budget disappear.
Following the Uncovery, I’ll propose an advertising and branding strategy for you, which will include:
- Grand Strategy,
- Proposed media plans,
- Promotional tactics, and
- Operational tie-ins
Once we agree to a strategy and messaging, we’ll kick off your new campaign and start taking over the world.
You should expect to pay an up-front fee for the Uncovery, along with a monthly retainer. At the end of the first year, we’ll examine your top line growth and adjust my monthly fee in direct proportion to your growth.